Not sure wtf Tinga is… but these are amazing. And all my kids (but one who likes to give me a hard time about everything. ) loved them!
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
1tsp unflavored gelatin
1Tbsp olive oil
3/4 cup chopped onion (I ran this through the food processor. So you get the taste but the kids don’t know.
1 jalapeño Pepper deveined and deseeded (optional if you do not like spice level out. put in with the onion)
4 cloves garlic finely chopped (i used minced from a jar)
1 cup tomato puree
1 Tbsp chili powder
1tsp dried oregano
2 canned chipotle chili peppers in adobo sauce finely chopped
1 Tbsp adobo sauce (sauce from the canned chipotle chili peppers in adobo sauce)
3 cups shredded chicken breast. ( i cooked some chicken breast in the crock pot all day. but you could use a rotisserie chicken to save time! )
1. Sprinkle broth with gelatin in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium high heat until fragrant.
3. Add onion and jalapeño ; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
4. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
5. Add broth mixture, tomato puree, chili powder, oregano, chipotle chili peppers, adobo sauce, chicken, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes, or until sauce is reduced by half.
6. Remove bay leaves. Divide 3⁄4 cup
Serve on 2 corn tortillas or hard taco shells. 3/4 cup is one serving and has a serving of veggies in it!
I turned mine into a salad. By doing 1 cup of spinach 2 hard taco shells crumbled. The chicken 1/4 cup of combined diced avocado and cheese. dollop of plain greek yogurt and a drizzle of taco sauce.
This counts as 2 Veggies 1 Carb 1 Protein 1 Healthy Fat