I don’t know what it is about when you become a Mom. It is the best thing in the entire world. It really is. Your whole world is your kids and they’re activities. They’re routines. They are your life.
So much so that you forget about you. What you did for yourself before you became a mother and What you and your significant other used to do before you became parents. Its weird. It is like you completely forget about your life before kids. I honestly can’t remember what it was like.
You do however need to make the time to find yourself again. Not just for your own sanity but to be a better person, wife, mother.
Some tips I have.
- Wake up before them and sweat. Get a workout in before the insane day starts. This takes some getting used to but once the habit is formed you will not break it.
- Personal Development. Get yourself in a good mental state! Mental Health is so super important. You have everyone relying on you.
- Eat healthy. You will feel better!
- Get some zzzzzzs. I know you put them to bed you want some time for yourself. But staying up late to watch something dumb really isn’t helping you out at all. Get some well deserved rest.
- Schedule a date night. Get a sitter. Spend some quality time with your spouse I do not mean go out and get hammered. Just you 2 go to dinner, or rent a movie and watch it in. There was a reason you had kids to begin with. Don’t forget that.
- Get out by yourself occasionally. Taking a mental break for you is so crucial.