I will get started after the Holidays.
Um Why? It is 4 days. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Years. So you need that excuse to eat like a fat ass through every holiday party you attend? It has been claimed that Americans gain 5-10 lbs from Halloween until the end of December.
Stop using holidays as a binge eating excuse. I am not saying you cant indulge a little, but have some control. Pick and chose what you are going to eat.
Tips for getting through the holidays without having to purchase bigger pants…
- Drink water.
- Get moving (I DO NOT GIVE A SHIT WHAT YOU DO JUST MOVE!)
- Offer to bring a healthy dish. You can do this without making it super obvious.
- Do not go starving!
- Do not skip meals before hand because you know you are going to indulge just a little.
- Be Honest with yourself. If you eat a dozen cookies own up to it. Denial does nothing for you!
- Find support. (I am running challenges that go through the holidays to hold you accountable, I am not your cup of tea? Ok find someone that is!)
- Keep your portion sizes in check.
- Avoid peanuts, pretzels, and chips and normal everyday snacks. Spend calories on special treats.
- Don’t set up shop right beside all the food.
- Wear something special, or form fitting. Even a belt. A reminder that you may become uncomfortable if you overdo it.
I hope this can help get through the holidays with out expanding your waistline…